25 Places to Hold Your Kid's Next Birthday Party: A Boerne Mom's Guide
Sometimes coming up with new ideas for kids' birthday parties can be a struggle and it seems to get harder as they get older. And let's face it, throwing parties at home is a lot of work. Recently, I received a message from a mom through Facebook, asking if I knew of any birthday party locations in Boerne. Then a bit later on, I saw a Facebook post in a Boerne moms group, asking the same question! So, today I have a short review of our Big Girl's recent birthday party at Mary's Studio of Dance plus a list of TWENTY FOUR additional birthday party locations and services in Boerne and the surrounding area. Overkill? Maybe. But, hey, I like to be thorough. 😊
1) First up, Mary's Studio of Dance
I discovered Mary's Studio of Dance last fall when I saw an ad come across my Facebook feed for half off all birthday parties. I thought, "Big Girl LOVES to dance. And half off?? What's that all about?". So I wandered over to the website and found out that there's a variety of packages available and the "Princess Tea Party" package literally includes everything: 10 guests, birthday cake, juice boxes, table decor and centerpieces, plates, cups, tutus and sashes (the Birthday Kid gets a special one!), BINGO, a craft, a dance class WITH mini-recital for the parents at the end, AND goodie bags. You get so much for your money with this package already, but at half off, it was a no-brainer!
Booking was a breeze. Communication with Mary was mostly done through email to finalize the party details and that was super easy too. She so kindly obliged to use both PINK and PURPLE decor for my daughter's party since she couldn't choose between the two, and she and her assistant handled everything. They kept the party running on schedule, kept everybody entertained, served the kids their food, cupcakes, and juice, and even took care of writing down who all of her gifts were from! The kiddos had such a great time and the parents had plenty of room to hang out and watch the fun (tables and chairs were provided for us too). This was a fantastic party experience and I would recommend it to anyone with a little dancing prince or princess of their own!
Ballet and royal tea parties not really your kid's thing? Well, check out this list of 24 other birthday party ideas in Boerne and San Antonio (PLEASE NOTE THAT A FEW OF THESE PHOTOS ARE MY OWN, BUT MOST COME FROM THE WEBSITES/SOCIAL MEDIA OF THE MENTIONED BUSINESSES):
2) Maker's Place, Boerne: perfect for those of you who like to get crafty!
3) World Karate, Leon Springs: it's a karate party...can it get much cooler than that?
4) Altitude Trampoline Park, San Antonio: We have been to and also held our own birthday parties at Altitude and it's a hit every time. Snacks, drinks, and even pizza! are available on site.
5) The San Antonio Aquarium, San Antonio: We've held a birthday party here and let me tell you, this place has it all! Of course, there's fish and various aquatic creatures, but there are also birds and ponies! Tons of indoor bounce houses and I kid you not, a mini-amusement park.
6) B.Pink Parties, San Antonio: specializes in spa birthday parties for girls. Their website claims that they "empower girls, pamper them, and give the understanding that beauty starts within".
7) Starplex Cinemas, Boerne: we've been to a birthday party here and it was tons of fun. You start out with a movie screening for the whole party (with snacks and reserved seats, of course!) then you move over to a private party room for food, cake, gifts, etc.
8) Cibolo Nature Center, Boerne: birthday party packages include event space and a guided program on a selected nature theme, with activity and crafts.
9) Lil Tot's Gymnastics, San Antonio: this is a mobile gymnastics bus that will come to you!
10) Alamo Karts (12+), Boerne: event space, catering, and of course go-karts!
11) Cave Without a Name, Boerne: bring your own food and cake to enjoy at the picnic tables. Then take a tour of the cave!
12) Boerne Turn Verein, Boerne: bowling!
14) Pick a Boerne city park, Boerne: There are quite a few to choose from; our favorite for birthday parties is probably Boerne City Lake. You can't beat the beauty of the lake, the pavilion with picnic tables, the playscape, so much room to roam and play, and RESTROOMS!
15) The Pavilion Food Park, Boerne: covered pavilion with tables, food trucks, and a playground. There's indoor event space too!
16) Ms. Sue’s Art Studio, Boerne: plenty of space for you to bring your own food, snacks, and cake...then paint something beautiful to take home!
17) RANDOM, Boerne: tons of fresh air, room to roam, a giant bounce pillow, food trucks, picnic tables...the works!
18) Diamond C Stables, Boerne: sack races, horse painting, a beginner's horseback riding lesson, horseshoes, crafts, s'mores, photo props, the list goes on and on at this place!
19) Kiddie Park, San Antonio: America's oldest children's amusement park!
20) The San Antonio Zoo, San Antonio: event space, zoo admission, and train rides!
21) Rainbow Play Systems Event Center, Boerne: that's right...you can have a party here! Enjoy the Rainbow play systems, basketball hoops, trampolines, putting green, toddler activities, bbq grills, and event space.
22) Boerne Gymnastics Center, Boerne: choose either a gymnastics, climbing, or combo party. Event space, tables, chairs, and decorations included.
23) Smithson Valley Mining Co., Spring Branch: based out of Spring Branch, but they bring the mining fun to you!
24) Fine Print Farms, Bulverde: hay rides, scavenger hunts, swimming, pony rides, pizza and cake, and feeding the animals...tons to do for the more active kiddos!
25) Fit4Fire, Boerne: brings the firefighter-training-themed obstacle course to your house. You can even add a real fire truck!
Phew! That's good stuff right there, folks. Have you tried any of these places for your kids birthdays? What else did I miss?
And did you enjoy this post? Want to see more like it? Subscribe here for the weekly newsletter!