Take Your Pick: 9 FREE Hill Country Easter Events That Are Sure to Please!
This past weekend was the Boerne City Easter Egg Hunt...did you go? We've gone every year since moving here and love it so much! They do a fantastic job coordinating the whole thing: there are bounce houses, giant slides, pictures with the Easter bunny, fun music, and of course, there's the playground. It's really a great time, even if those eggs are all scooped up in three seconds flat!
But now, it's actually Easter week and we're still trying to figure out what to do this weekend (besides Easter dinner and the backyard egg hunt at Nonna and Papa's, of course)! So, I figured we can't be the only ones in this situation and decided to do a little round-up of FREE Hill Country Easter activities to help a few fellow mamas out. Sound good? Here we go!
SATURDAY, MARCH 31ST:
1) Free Annual Easter Egg Hunt, The Roundup Outdoor Music Venue, Boerne: There will be an Easter egg hunt, bounce house, playground, sandbox, cornhole, food trucks, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available at the bar.
2) Easter Eggstravaganza, St. John Lutheran Church, Boerne: Come for an Easter egg hunt, food, live music from the St. John Praise Band, face painting, a bounce house, games, and more!
3) Easter Jubilee and Easter Egg Hunt, Messiah's Kids Preschool, Boerne: Food, games, train rides, petting zoo, and an Easter egg hunt for elementary-aged kids and younger.
4) Easter Eggstravaganza, Kerrville Kroc Center, Kerrville: Hosted by The Salvation Army of Kerrville, this event will have an Easter egg hunt, face painting, carnival games, arts & crafts, and more.
5) Singing Water Easter Egg Hunt, Singing Water Vineyards, Comfort: The vineyard has prepared a free adult Easter egg hunt with tasty treats, wine discounts, and a few grand prizes. Kids are welcome to participate too, but adults must claim the wine prizes. 😊
6) Easter Celebration, Spring Creek United Methodist Church, Fair Oaks Ranch: HUGE Easter egg hunt, slime making, crafts, games, bounce houses, face painting and more.
7) Easter Egg Hunt, Pioneer Museum, Fredericksburg: A tradition for kids from toddlers to age ten. Bring your basket and find treat-filled eggs on the Pioneer Museum grounds. Take a photo with the Easter Bunny and enter to win the "Guess How Many" game; winners in four different age groups will each receive an age-appropriate bicycle donated by Walmart!
8) Helicopter Easter Egg Drop, Castle Hills Church, San Antonio: A community egg hunt with thousands of eggs, face painting, balloons and photo opportunities!
SUNDAY, APRIL 1ST:
9) Easter Sunday at Tower, Tower of the Americas, San Antonio: There will be egg hunts at 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00pm, a chance to meet the Easter Bunny, face painting, egg dyeing, moon bounce, and a petting zoo!
Did I miss any? Feel free to drop them in the comments for the rest of us...and HAPPY EASTER to you and yours!
Did you enjoy this post? Want to see more like it? Subscribe here for the weekly newsletter!