11 Fool-Proof Ways to Be a Great Dad: A Father's Day Tribute
So I briefly considered putting together a "Father's Day Gift Guide" to celebrate the holiday then thought, "Nah, let's do more." But what? How about I scrounge through nearly six-and-a-half years of photos and throw the best and most ridiculous ones out there for all to see...and consider it an act of love? Sounds good to me! So here we go, just a few of the things that make Mr. Sowing Seeds my favorite dad in the whole wide world (fair warning: an unnecessarily vast amount of personal and not-so-high-quality photos ahead)!
So, what makes a GREAT DAD?
1. A child-like sense of playfulness:
2. Being perfectly okay being used as a pack mule for precious cargo, anytime/anywhere:
3. And also with being bull-rushed the moment you walk in the door from a long, hard day at work:
4. A true desire to DO for others:
5. Even when you're dog-tired:
6. And being ever-so-patient with all those little "helping hands":
7. Being okay with (and actually enjoying!) being used as a human jungle gym, as required:
8. And also as a human teething ring:
9. Always encouraging them to try brand new things:
10. Being an integral part of a million family traditions, even the silly ones:
11. And just taking the time out of a busy day to be there for the little "big" moments that mean so much:
There are probably a thousand different ways to be a great dad; too many for one list to handle. And parenting is hard...and not just for moms. So today, on this Father's Day, I send you and yours a thousand high fives and "atta' boys!" for crawling out of bed and going the extra mile, each and every day. Now, I'm off to spoil this awesome husband of mine with lopsided pancakes and unrecognizable art projects made by six tiny hands...and maybe a beer or two on the patio, to boot. Happy Father's Day, friends!
Did you enjoy this post? Want to see more like it? Subscribe here for the weekly newsletter!