9 Family-Friendly Events to Celebrate 4th of July in Boerne
You guys, I really LOVE doing these kinds of posts. Why? Because I think Boerne is just amazing and this town never fails when it comes to providing fun things to do...BUT I think a lot of people miss out because they just don't KNOW about them! Well, not on my watch...not if I can help even just a tiny bit! So, without too much jibber-jabber, here are NINE super fun events and activities YOUR FAMILY can enjoy from June 30th through July 4th (please note that the event descriptions are courtesy of the links provided):
1. The Roundup's Independence Celebration - Come celebrate Independence Day at The Roundup with LIVE music by JR Herrera! The entire family will have fun with FREE admission and parking, playground, food trucks, fireworks, and a whole lot of Texas Fun! The event runs from 6:00pm-11:00pm with live music starting at 8:00pm and fireworks at 11:00pm.
2. RANDOM Fireworks Extravaganza - This is a FREE admission event featuring live music, 80 craft beers on tap, wine, sangria, champagne, mimosas, food trucks, Monster Bounce for the kiddos, family yard games and more. Check out the new restaurant "Bovines & Fins" while you're there!
3. Patriotic Abendkonzert - A special patriotic performance to celebrate the 4th of July! The Boerne Village Band is the longest continuously playing German Band in the world outside of Germany! Regulars to the concerts come early to grab their favorite spot at the Plaza, to hear the "oohm pah pah" of their favorite tunes, and watch the kids do the chicken dance! Concert-goers bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics.
4. 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church - This event is open to the community and located on the front lawn of the church. Complimentary hot dogs, ice tea, & lemonade will be provided starting at 6:00 p.m. The Boerne Village Band will perform from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Afterward, stay for a perfect view of the Boerne community fireworks! Be sure to bring your own lawn chair or blanket.
5. 4th of July Family Picnic at Don Strange Ranch - An old-fashioned 4th of July family picnic! Throw it back to simpler times with potato sack races, zip lining, tug-o-war, live music, BBQ, and fireworks at dark. Free admission and free parking!
6. Fourth and Food at Boerne Church of Christ - Join us on July 4th for food, fireworks, and fellowship starting with a message from Jacob Robert Dukes at 7:00pm. Members are asked to bring a finger food to share and friends are always welcome!
7. The 1st Annual Mike Cayce Scholarship Fundraiser - This Concert is a fundraiser, featuring headliner THOMAS MICHAEL RILEY! 98% of ALL MONIES raised will benefit local area students looking to pursue a career in law enforcement. $20 Admission; kids under 12 are FREE.
8. Flashlight Tour at Cascade Caverns - Cascade Caverns is having a flashlight tour for the first time in over a year! Two tours are scheduled, at 6:00pm and 7:30pm. The tours will last approximately an hour and a half, will be without lights, and there might be ghost stories involved! A food truck will be on-site in case you get hungry before or after the tour. Tickets are $24.95 for adults and $15.95 for children (under 12). Not recommended for very young children or those who do not like the dark. Space is limited; advance reservations required.
9. Fourth of July Fireworks at Boerne City Park - Feast your eyes on this magnificent, patriotic display! Sponsored by the Boerne Fire Department, the fireworks show will start a little after dark and can be viewed in many places around Boerne, but the best place is Boerne City Park. Bring chairs, picnics, and your American spirit!
EDITED TO ADD:
I received a comment from a reader that Cross Mountain Church in Leon Springs is hosting Freedom Fest on July 1st - This event will have food trucks, bounce houses, an air show, games, and fireworks and is FREE!
So that's actually TEN family-friendly events to choose from. Which do you think your family will be heading to? Or do you prefer to make your own 4th of July fun? Did I miss any events you think we should know about? Tell us in the comments!
Did you enjoy this post? Want to see more like it? Subscribe here for the weekly newsletter!